Horrible VR Cube Game
A downloadable game for Windows
I wanted to see what would happen if your eyes disagree on what colour things are. Also, I put you in Hell for some reason.
This game requires a VR headset and hand controllers!
The red cubes on the left are only visible to your left eye. The blue cubes on your right are only visible to your right eye. The cube in the center is red in your left eye and blue in your right eye.
Point at a cube and press a trigger button to pick it up. This was designed for oculus touch controllers, but it probably works with other things too.
Fun things to try:
- Build a stack of cubes without having any depth perception
- Build a stack of alternating red and blue cubes with even less depth perception
- Try and decide what colour the center cube is. Is it grey, purple, flickery, or something else? It's different for everyone!
- Grab a different cube with each hand and shove them into each other and see what it looks like
- Wave hi to the Business Boys and Mr. Blart
"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You grab the blue cube, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You grab the red cube, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." - John Matrix
|Release date||Sep 10, 2017|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||cube, experiment, Experimental, Horror, Virtual Reality (VR), Visualization, weird|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Oculus Rift, OSVR (Open-Source Virtual Reality), HTC Vive, Oculus Quest, Valve Index|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.